This is going to be a busy summer for construction crews in the North Shore.
The North Shore Now staff has compiled a list of construction projects in each community so you will know what to expect on your drive. The numbers below correspond with the numbers in the map above.
Village of Bayside
1) Street resurfacing projects include Regent Road north of Fairy Chasm Road; Regent Court; Bay Point Road west of Lake Drive; Pelham Parkway north of Fairy Chasm Road; Thrus Lane; Laramie Lane and Glencoe Place between Pelham Parkway and Lake Drive.
Village of Brown Deer
2) West Fairy Chasm Road will be pulverized and repaved, and the lanes will be narrowed from 36 feet to 24 feet. A new 6- to 8-foot grass terrace will be created on the north side of the roadway, and on the other side of the terrace, the village will create an 8-foot-wide shared-use path for bicyclists and pedestrians. Within the limits of Fairy Chasm Park, the terrace would be eliminated to create a 8-foot parking lane with new curb and gutter to help delineate the parallel parking areas. The park's parking lot will be repaved with permeable asphalt in the center driving lane, which will be funded by MMSD. Construction is expected to begin after July Fourth and be completed by Labor Day.
3) The village will be constructing median modifications and a storm water management area on a 1.2-acre parcel acquired by the village as part the redevelopment of the former American TV site at 6700 W. Brown Deer Road. Median modifications will be made on Park Plaza Court to facilitate increased traffic to the Aldi that will be built on the southeast end of the site later this year. Once the median modifications have been completed, Park Plaza Court will be repaved from Brown Deer Road to the end of the cul-de-sac. The project is expected to start at the end of June and be finished by Labor Day.
4) New water mains will be installed on 52nd Street from Churchill Lane to Dean Road in mid-May through the end of June. Culverts will be replaced through July, and the road will be repaved in August and September.
5) New water mains will be installed on 54th Street from Bradley Road to 53rd Street in mid-May through the end of June. That section of 54th Street, along with the section from Churchill Lane to Nokomis Road will be repaved in August and September. Culverts on those streets will be replaced from mid-May through July.
6) New water mains will be installed on Goodrich Lane from 54th Street to 51st Street in mid-May through the end of June. Culverts will be replaced through July, and the road will be repaved in August and September.
7) North 56th Street will be repaved from Donna Drive to Wahner Avenue in August and September. Culverts will also be replaced from mid-May through July.
8) West Range Avenue will be repaved from 57th Street to 56th Street in August and September. Culverts will also be replaced from mid-May through July.
Village of Fox Point
9) A culvert replacement project is underway in the area of Dean Road and Santa Monica Boulevard. Construction is expected to last through the end of June.
City of Glendale
10) West Edward Lane will be reconstructed from Green Bay Avenue east to the Milwaukee River Parkway. The street will receive new water main, storm sewer, concrete curb and gutter and sidewalk on the south side of the street.
11) North Atwahl Drive will be under construction from Brantwood Avenue to Green Tree Road. The street will get a new water main and asphalt street replacement.
12) Port Washington Road will be under construction from Good Hope Road to West Mall Road. The street will receive new water main and street resurfacing.
13) Bender Road has been extended from Baker Road to Flint Road to accommodate the future Glendale Community Park.
14) The following streets will be resurfaced: River Forest Drive, West LaSalle Avenue, West Valanna Court and West Vera Avenue.
15) Sidewalk will be constructed on the north side of Bender Road from Jean Nicolet Road to the Nicolet Parc condominiums.
16) Milwaukee County is reconstructing Milwaukee River Parkway from Bender Road to Good Hope Road. The project includes a new bike and pedestrian path, parking lot repaving and new street lighting.
City of Mequon
17) Green Bay Road is seeing work done from the village of Thiensville to Highland Road and then from Highland Road to Bonniwell Road.
18) The Solar Heighs Subdivision is having phase two work done along Rideway Avenue Silver Avenue from Evergreen Road to Freistadt Road. Vega Avenue is having work done between Sunnyvale Road and Freistadt Road. Solar Avenue is having work done between Sunnyvale Road and Evergreen Road.
19) Evergreen road is being worked on between Ridgeway Avenue and Wauwatosa Road. Sunnyvale Road is also being worked on between Holly Road and Wauwatosa Road.
20) The Huntington Park Subdivision, phase two, is seeing work done on the following:
· Stanford Drive from Donges Bay Road to Concord Drive.
· Stanford Court from Concord Drive to the cul-de-sac.
· Hayden Court from Stanford Drive to the cul-de-sac.
· Foxkirk Circle from Foxkirk Drive to Around Circle.
· Hunt Club Drive from Foxkirk Drive to Hunt Club Court.
· Foxkirk Drive from Stanford Drive to Concord Drive.
No work will start until July 4 with the contract completion date set for Sept. 30.
Village of River Hills
21) Fairy Chasm Road will be repaved from Range Line Road to Pheasant Lane. Skyline Road and Skyline Lane will also be repaved.
Village of Shorewood
22) Capitol Drive is under construction in the intersections of Wilson Drive, Morris Boulevard and Newhall Street as crews replaced the failed paver crosswalks with concrete. Traffic is being reduced to a single lane in each direction during the construction, which should be completed around June 13.
23) Oakland Avenue will be closed between Wood Place and Kenmore Place from May 31 to June 2. The northbound and parking lanes will be closed from 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 2. The southbound and northbound lane will be closed between 10:30 p.m. May 31 and 5 a.m. June 1.
24) Construction work is already underway to reduce the risk of basement backups in the northeast area of the village. The project is intended to reduce the risk of basement backups in the north east portion of the village. The project will be done by the end of September. The work includes:
· New sewer and asphalt overlay work will be done in the 2100,2200 and 2300 blocks of Kensington Boulevard. The 2000 block will get new sewer and full reconstruction and the 1800, 1900 and 2400 blocks will receive asphalt overlay.
· The 4400 block of Frederick Avenue will be reconstructed.
· New sewer and street construction in the 4400 block of Prospect Avenue.
· The 4400 block of Murray Avenue will be reconstructed with new sewer.
· New sewer will be installed on Lake Bluff Boulevard from Murray Avenue to Oakland Avenue.
25) Separate from the northeast combined sewer improvement program is the Beverly Road project, spanning from Lake Drive to Oakland Avenue. Asphalt paving will occur from Downer Avenue to Lake Drive, full reconstruction will occur from Downer Avenue to Maryland Avenue and new water main will be installed from Maryland to Murry avenues. Work will be finished by the end of September.
26) Cramer from Beverley Road to Shorewood Boulevard will be reconstructed with new water main. Work will be finished by the end of September.
27) Shorewood Boulevard will receive new water main from Murray Avenue to Oakland Avenue. Work will be finished by the end of September.
28) Harcourt Place will be reconstructed with new water main. Work will be finished by the end of September.
Village of Thiensville
29) Main Street has numerous concrete panels that are cracked or offset with many panel joints needing repair. The project limits are Division Street and the northern village limits. Diamond griding of the road surface, replacing of the damaged panels and joints, replacing deteriorating curb/gutter, upgrading curb ramps to meet ADA requirements, and streetscape improvements.
Village of Whitefish Bay
30) Berkeley Avenue from Belle Avenue to Montclaire Avenue will receive mill and overlay work, along with some spot curb work. Berkeley Avenue will be reconstructed from Montclaire Avenue to School Road. The village is replacing sanitary sewer mains, sanitary sewer laterals and lead water services in the public right-of-way. Construction is expected to be finished in October or November.
31) The 4700 block of Sheffield Avenue will receive new storm water sewer infrastructure. Lead water services in the public right-of-way will be replaced. The project will be completed by mid-summer.
32) The 4700 block of Elkhart Avenue will receive new storm sewer and new water main. Lead water services in the public right-of-way will be replaced. The project will begin after the Sheffield Avenue project is finished in mid-summer.
33) Mill and overlay program will resurface Newhall Street from Fairmount Avenue to Blackthorne Place; Chateau Place from Oakland Avenue to Ardmore Avenue; Woodburn Street from Fairmount Avenue to Hampton Road; Marlborough Drive from Hampton Road to Glendale Avenue; Wildwood Avenue from Chateau Place to Fairmount Avenue; Sheffield Avenue from Chateau Place to Hampton Road; Sheffield Avenue from Courtland Place to Glendale Avenue; Sylvan Avenue from Marlborough Drive to Lake Drive; Glen Avenue from Danbury Road to Lake Drive; and Beaumont Avenue from Shore Drive to Lake Drive.