Bayside — The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center will hold its annual Winter Carnival event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 29
The following drop-in activities are weather-dependent and ongoing throughout the day: snowshoeing, live animals, snow bowling, sledding, winter crafts, animal den and S'mores.
Here's a list of other scheduled activities:
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides will start at 10:15 a.m., and rides will take place every 15 minutes. Sign up at the nature center building for pre-scheduled times.
- Lake hikes, which last about 30 minutes, are scheduled for 10:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 1:15 p.m., 2:15 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- Trail hikes, which also last about 30 minutes, are scheduled for 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Kohl's Wild Theater will present a 40-minute musical titled "Aldo Leopold and the Ghost of Sand County" at 10:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
- A 45-minute demonstration called "frozen science" will take place at 1:30 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Owl meet-and-greets will take place from 10 p.m. to 3 p.m.
The event costs $5 for members, $5 for youth non-members and $10 for adult non-members.
All parking for Winter Carnival is at Bayside School, 601 E. Ellsworth Lane. Free shuttle buses will bring everyone to Schlitz Audubon. The Schlitz Audubon lot is reserved for handicapped parking only.